Sunday, November 23, 2014

early-onset-of-night: This Sunday, “divisive”, “flamboyant”,...

























early-onset-of-night:



This Sunday, “divisive”, “flamboyant”, “maddening”, and “beloved” Marion Barry, four-time mayor of Washington, D.C., died at the age of 78.


I have always been a big fan of his. In honor of his passing, I present some of his choicest remarks:


"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very, very low crime rate."


"The laws in this city are clearly racist. All laws are racist. The law of gravity is racist."


"I read a funny story about how the Republicans freed the slaves. The Republicans are the ones who created slavery by law in the 1600’s. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves and he was not a Republican."


"If Rosa Parks had taken a poll before she sat down in the bus in Montgomery, she’d still be standing."


"Civil Rights opened the windows. When you open the windows, it does not mean that everybody will get through. We must create our own opportunities."


"The brave men who died in Vietnam, more than 100% of which were black, were the ultimate sacrifice."


"First, it was not a strip club, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I’m a night owl."


"I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man."


And one from Maya Angelou: "Marion Barry changed America with his unmitigated gall to stand up in the ashes of where he had fallen and come back to win."


RIP, you rowdy son of bitch.



I was always confused by the Cascade Fresh Marionberry yogurt out in the Pacific Northwest.


Is this what keeps Marion Barry alive?! Apparently he stopped eating it.




via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1utohKn

No comments:

Post a Comment