Saturday, April 26, 2014

Wandering Scientist: Mini-Rant on Making STEM Attractive to More Women

Wandering Scientist: Mini-Rant on Making STEM Attractive to More Women:

jhorna:



"So you know what I think people should do to make STEM attractive to more women? Stop being so shitty to the women who are already interested in STEM. Basically, stop requiring that a woman be so hugely and unwaveringly interested in STEM that she will put up with being told she isn’t a real woman (whatever the hell that is) and treated like crap just to get to work in the field, and I think that you will find that more women are interested in STEM."



Initially, I read this as:


"Mini-rant on making SETI more attractive to women"


And I thought, SETI is attractive to both women and men because there’s nothing sexier than knowing that the truth is out there.


Then I clicked the link and realized I can’t read.




via Tumblr http://ift.tt/QOPGu8

No comments:

Post a Comment