Sunday, April 27, 2014

the-jean-jeanne: In which David Byrne dances better with a lamp...









the-jean-jeanne:



In which David Byrne dances better with a lamp than I do with other people.



When I consider lighting design (and I do consider it as I technically am a lighting designer.) I consider this show to be one of the greatest lighting designs in the history of concert lighting.


I think lighting should be simple and interesting. It can be complex but not busy and flashy. Flash and trash is easy but it conveys nothing. It’s just noise. The audience is there to hear the band, not to watch the lights.


I think that as a designer it should be my primary focus to light the show to highlight the music, not the other way around.


Lighting should be a part of the show rather than a light show to music.




via Tumblr http://ift.tt/QSoFGf

No comments:

Post a Comment