Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall and fall

Walking the dogs this evening we crossed through a wide stream of water which came from someone draining their pool.


It then occurred to me that summer has officially ended and I completely missed it.


It was a good summer for me but at a price. I missed my wife. I missed my family and friends. And for what? Professional development? Money? I feel far away.


The job I did this summer is brutal. It consumes everything. Your time, your energy, your mind is wholly consumed and used. It requires total commitment, total dedication. No second guesses, no daydreaming, no life outside that theater.


I loved every moment of that world and yet I desperately missed everything else. I never saw my wife and I even came home every single night. I disappeared. A double life. A second life running concurrently with this one.


Stress with a payoff. Struggle with satisfaction. But I sorely missed summer and friends. My wife and my family. Swimming and little weekend trips.


And now it’s fall.




via Tumblr http://thenelsontwins.tumblr.com/post/61932397755

No comments:

Post a Comment