Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ian Brown- My Way. Who still buys CD’s? I do. One of...





Ian Brown- My Way.




Who still buys CD’s? I do. One of the greatest things on earth is popping in a cd, one lone album, and listening to it while doing NOTHING ELSE. No option to listen to anything else. Just one single disc. No shuffle, no playlist.


I don’t want the mp3, I don’t want it on my iTunes or spotify. I just want to listen to it and learn it. Without distraction. I used to do it all the time but somewhere along the line I got too busy navigating the endless folders of music and constant, pervasive, limitless and incredibly irritating iTunes updates. iPod to iPod. iPhone to iPhone. Somewhere in there music became a hassle, which it shouldn’t be. It should be easy and not involve a computer I spend all day with a computer. Why should I do it at home?


Recently, like the old days, I’ve started dropping in the cd, plopping down in an uncomfortable chair and sitting directly in front of the stereo to rock out these sweet-ass jams.


After that, I’ll put it on the iPod.




via Tumblr http://thenelsontwins.tumblr.com/post/46544833830

No comments:

Post a Comment