Wednesday, October 29, 2014

"Computers are my forte!"

"Computers are my forte!":

This video is what every ETC programmer has ever said to me in a nutshell.


So, I have been programming on an ETC Ion for two months straight. Coming off of the MA2 and Jands Vista platforms it’s like going back in time. To a shittier, less user friendly time.


Yes, I see the benefits of using that console for theatrical, single cue stack events. But for anything else… what the ever living fuck? Writing the simplest of effect is one of the most irritating things ever.


It isn’t that it’s impossible… it is that it is fucking awful. Clunky, tedious, and generally a shitty user experience.


Every ETC programmer I’ve ever met said, “I can do everything on an Ion that you can do on a MA.” I won’t deny that, but while you’re still writing effects and keying endless strings bullshit, I’m done sitting in catering shooting the shit. Yes it’s possible, but like all things in the theater… there really is a better way.




via Tumblr http://thenelsontwins.tumblr.com/post/101315573519

No comments:

Post a Comment