Thursday, July 31, 2014

girlwithalessonplan: Lights in GWALPs theater. Okay, I know...

























girlwithalessonplan:



Lights in GWALPs theater.


Okay, I know that first one hanging is an Altman Shakespeare ellipsoidal. I just need someone to point me to an assembly manual because I think I need to change the lamps on all three we have.


The rest, you see are dusty and old and I don’t know how to take them apart to clean or how to effectively use them.


I’ll take any and all suggestions and resources.



Bah!


The Shakespeare’s you can still get parts for. The Altman 360q’s, the NOT square fixtures you can still get parts for and the lamps are stupid cheap, well they used to be. They still make those fixtures, oddly.


The square ones look like Strand Lekolite units. I suggest finding the nearest significant body of water and throwing them in.


The little 6 inch fresnel is probably a 500w lamp in there. Those are about as useful as a stick in the eye. Use those to light up hallways in scenic pieces where you don’t want to burn a decent fixture. They’re a little more useful that a standard par 38 floodlight, but your color temp is going to suck more with the fresnel.


As for the big fresnel, it looks like an 8 inch. They’re old, but if the glass hasn’t yellowed and you can get a 1000w lamp in there, it can be an ok little fill or wash light depending on your trim height and throw.


The lamps they use are pretty inefficient across all of these fixtures. But what are you gonna do about that?




via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1m2RHfn

No comments:

Post a Comment