Saturday, August 31, 2013

No fucking joke. This is the best obvious advice. I spend most...





No fucking joke. This is the best obvious advice.


I spend most of my work life just making decisions and getting either criticized, back seat driven, or Monday morning quarterbacked by some person who is not the quarterback.


I think that working in a collaborative environment should mean that, sure, collaboration is great at making everybody feel like there part of the team! And that their opinion matters! And yay! Team!


Decision by committee still ends up with one person happy with the few people that support them and everyone else either unhappy or glad that they’re not on the hook as the final decision person. To me, collaboration is about spreading out fault and blame and taking way too long to get there, because for every little stupid opinion by people that either a) don’t matter or b) aren’t impacted by the decision there ends up being more discussion which leads to more opinions from these same people who’s vote shouldn’t matter which should carry no weight.


So because I work in a quasi-collaborative environment yet i am tasked with making endless decisions, nothing I do is right, no decision is the right one, no purchase is ever correct, and no plan is ever the correct one.


Which makes work a minefield.


Lately, when these whiny non-decision makers whine I just say, “yep, I bet that sucked.”


I don’t have to explain my decisions because even if I did, you wouldn’t listen nor would you care to hear the facts leading up to it.


So, suck it, fuckers.


(I think it is safe to say I DO NOT want to go back to work.)




via Tumblr http://thenelsontwins.tumblr.com/post/59904075771

No comments:

Post a Comment