Monday, July 29, 2013

la-luminaire: perpetuallight: lil-fox: I kinda wish I had...









la-luminaire:



perpetuallight:



lil-fox:



I kinda wish I had track lighting in my apartment. I would sooo get me some of these!


http://www.etcconnect.com/product.overview.aspx?Id=22128



I WANT A THESE BECAUSE OF REASONS



does not like, These babies are $500 each and feel poorly put together, when you focus them the focus is wobbly and feels off, the throw is average and I believe if you are gonna spend $500 a fixture you can get something 100x cooler.

sorry for the hatin on etc, I dunno.



ETC did three things well.


1. The source four ellipsoidal

2. The source four par

3. The Sensor Dimming rack (but only with the original CEM and CEM+ brain)


After that, a string of shitty, half assed attempts at doing something else were all they could come up with.


They can’t figure out moving light programming on any of their consoles. Their programming language is abysmal.


On the console end they haven’t figured out that there are A LOT of people out there punting on live events and not everyone is locked into a linear cue stack.


For a theater, great, sure if you’re into their desks, go nuts. But there are other desks that can do way more much more easily.


If Philips hasn’t gobbled up Selecon there might actually have been an ETC competitor, but like everything Philips touches, it all fell apart. Which is unfortunate because the Pacific is a beautiful light and there simply aren’t enough of them in the world. (Their fresnel is a gigantic turd though).


Anyway, ETC, suck it. With the development of this stupid, idiotic, track lighting fixture, you’re one step closer to turning into Times Square, Strand, and Altman.




via Tumblr http://thenelsontwins.tumblr.com/post/56834269758

No comments:

Post a Comment